Sunday, April 22, 2007

Spring Cleaning



In stark contrast to the chilling and relentless rains of last weekend, Mother Nature declared spring on Friday afternoon. The weekend has been simply glorious, with weather warm enough for short sleeves and shorts. The kittens are delighted with the good fortune of windows opened all over the house. I realized again why I love my living room with all of its windows and sunlight.

In keeping with Mother Nature's theme, I commenced with the spring cleaning, both indoors and out. Bedding was changed and aired out, bathrooms were scrubbed, and windows were washed. In J.T.'s room, I sifted through his dresser and packed away the long-sleeved shirts and long pants which had grown too short in favor of short sleeves and shorts pants. Warm weather pajamas were located and the flannels were packed away. The down comforter has been bundled up for another year.

But outside saw the most changes, thanks to my friend tlc and her power tools (I now have great desire for a leaf blower). Sticks were gathered up and flower beds cleared out. The back deck was blown clean. Sticks were collected and brought to the curb (looks like we could have a bonfire). The garden was made ready for some spring planting. I'm now ready to plan for some summer flowers.

Both outside and in, my home looks ready to greet the new season.

No comments: