Monday, March 31, 2008

Books-a-Plenty

Though I have been watching hours and hours of basketball in the last two weeks, I did manage to read some good books in the past month. The list is decent enough, when you consider that my idea of free time is to bake a batch of cookies while starting the laundry and supervising second grade homework (if second grade had been that hard when I was enrolled in school, there is no way I would have passed). Conveniently, we've reached the half point in the UNC-LSU game. So, with no further ado, here is the list of books I read this past month:

Greg Mortenson & David Oliver Relin: Three Cups of Tea
Lillian Jackson Braun: The Cat Who Had 60 Whiskers
Frances Hodgeson Burnett: The Secret Garden
Miss Read: Farewell to Fairacre
John Mortimer: Rumpole and the Penge Bungalow Murder
Kirby Larson: Hattie Big Sky

As the Quakers would say, Miss Read speaks my mind and I am always charmed by her tales of Fairacre, so I think that was my favorite for the month. But Rumpole was a very close second. They have in common a certain snide tone and their very British-ness. There is no comfort like a good story.

No comments: