Sunday, March 09, 2008

Toss-Up

At the moment, I have two pressing problems. Problem number one is the water in my basement, the outcome of recent torrential rains. There's not much water in the basement (say compared to last April's 3 feet), but enough to require use of the 12 gallon shop-vac every couple of hours. The rain has stopped and the sun is shining so the ground is drying, meaning the water can stay in the ground rather than my basement. It's a manageable situation, really.

Problem number two is the disgusting smell of wet cardboard. Like problem number one, this one will go away once the water departs. I am also in the process of removing all cardboard from places that might get wet, on-going project at Sassafras House......and one not particularly enjoyable for my resident inmate.

What I would most like is a basement that never gets wet. Near as I can tell, this will require either a move to high ground or thousands of dollars worth of home improvement. Neither seem likely at the moment.

So I'll settle for less of the funky smell.

No comments: