Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Real Life Conversations with JT: College Edition

The backstory: for all of February, JT worked on his book report about Booker T. Washington. He enjoyed reading the book but he did not find the detail work of the report as engaging. Sunday night, he was finishing up the project by illustrating the front cover; drawing a picture of Booker T. Washington when the following conversation ensued.

JT: Why do I have to color a picture for my cover?

Mama: Because that's what the instructions say you should do. Plus, you like coloring.

JT: Yes, I do, when I get to choose what I make in my picture.

Mama: Well, this won't hurt you.

JT: Maybe. But it will it help prepare me for college?

When he finds out that college involves completing schoolwork – much of it without the help of your mama – that may be a deal-breaker.

1 comment:

Shark Butt said...

And unless you're studying alot of anatomy and physiology, it's not so much with the coloring.