Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Household Style: Back Deck Stained Glass

There is a large southern-facing back deck at my house, with plenty of room for a table with chairs, the grill, and some flower pots. The deck sits next to the big tree and there is often plenty of shade. It's one of my favorite places to sit and read. Most days, I enjoy at least one cup of morning coffee sitting out on that deck. We eat supper outside most nights of the week.
The people who owned the house before me kept their hot tub in a corner on the back deck and to provide privacy, there is a lovely stained glass window in the deck wall. I haven't quite determined what to do with this feature of the house, but I enjoy the many prospects it offers. I like the fact that the window is a bit of a secret, tucked in a corner and doing its part to make life in my home just a little more beautiful.

No comments: