Monday, July 06, 2009

Real Life Conversations with JT: Ironic Slacker Edition

The backstory: Summer's relaxed schedule has taken hold around here but the other day I decided to get in my workout before heading off to swimming lessons. We leave for swimming lessons at 10:30, so that wasn't exactly a tall order. Around 9 am, just as a certain young man in pajamas was ready to consider his breakfast options, I headed upstairs to put on my workout clothes. When I came back downstairs, we had a conversation as the boy slouched in front of the telly, armed with a Pop Tart (yes, I'm one of those mamas):

Mama: I'm working out now.

JT: It's 9:15; you'd better hop to it. No slacking, Mama.

Who's the slacker now?

1 comment:

Nichole said...

My kids love Pop Tarts. I tried to buy the organic kind, but those weren't Pop Tarty enough. I rarely buy them because it takes only about 10 minutes for the entire box to be gone.