Sunday, December 01, 2013

Front Yard Flowerbed: December 1

The five day stretch of time off for the Thanksgiving weekend couldn't have been more needed in my life.  Between the pace of my days in the Middle School and the challenge of teaching a whole new grade-level, I've burned the candle at both ends this fall.    Add in the crazy events surrounding my nose and minor surgery in the last two weeks and I was ready for a break.

I got my stitches out on Wednesday.  Then I indulged myself with some sleeping-in, leisurely mornings, holiday cooking, book reading, and holiday planning.  T and I worked on some home improvement projects and saw a movie.  There was some fall clean-up and some outdoor Christmas decorating.  In the front yard flowerbed, I dug up the dahlias that bloomed late last summer, trimmed some errant ivy vines, and raked out some of the dead leaves and vines.   
Today, I put 40 tulip bulbs in the ground.  They'll winter over and surprise me and the rhododendren come the spring.
That's happy!

No comments: