Monday, January 06, 2014

A Return to our Regularly Scheduled Program

Last night, for the first time in more than two weeks, I set my alarm.  I woke up this morning at 5:30, before the alarm went off.  That’s a good sign because it means I am heading back to school well-rested and ready for the challenges.  

My winter break, time off that I desperately needed, left me feeling re-charged and refreshed.  Though my to-do list remains incomplete (doesn't it always?), I completed some projects and enjoyed some relaxation.  I spent some quality time with a cat on my lap and books and garden catalogs at my side.  I reminded myself that there is power in slowing down and taking it easy.

I dreamt about school last night, so I know that I am ready to return to the energy and excitement that is Middle School.  I’ve got some 6th graders to catch up with and some interesting projects for them to complete.  I’m ready for their questions, curiosity, and enthusiasm for the world.  Bring it on!


No comments: