Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Snow Day!

The most recent Northeast snowstorm landed us two days off from school, freezing cold, and nearly a foot of snow.  This last development is more of a challenge than usual because my snow blower is in the shop.  That’s the bad news.  The good news is that my snow shoveler is not in the shop.
When the storm was completely done and the sun deceptively shining, JT and I bundled up and hit the sidewalks.  
Luckily for us, my snow blowing neighbors had done the hard work of blowing out the driveway, leaving us to finish the porch, the front walk, and car clean up.
The bright sunshine that shines in the aftermath of a snowstorm is often spectacular, even if the cold is extreme.  And it is extreme, as this look at our 7 day forecast demonstrates.   Happily, JT and I are a fairly cold-hearty workforce.  We made relatively quick work of the snow and came back inside for hot cocoa, warm afghans, and good books.  That’s happy!

No comments: