Friday, March 28, 2014

Flower Friday

A read of my postings for the last 3 months reveals one long whine about the cold and snowy Winter we had around here.  In my defense, in the nearly 12 years that I have lived in New Jersey this past Winter is the coldest of the Jersey winters that I’ve experienced.  If it wasn’t the snowiest, it comes dang close.  Though the days have flown by, as they always do, it seems like forever since I’ve been able to drink my morning coffee on the back deck, let alone comfortably stroll outside in my customary flip flops.

Enough of the whinging and complaining!

Today I pledge to stop the griping about the cold.  It’s Spring and there are shoots of green in the flowerbeds.  Crocus, daffodils, and tulips are on their way and I intend to celebrate.  As a celebration of Spring and the coming warmth and green, every Friday for the next few weeks I’ll be posting pictures of the hearty blooms in my messy flowerbeds.  Check out the profligate bulbs here in the eastern flowerbed.



The tulips bulbs by the driveway are looking good.


And let’s not rule out the flowers that will appear in the western flowerbed in a few weeks.


Heavy rain is expected this weekend, to be followed by warmth next week.  Soon enough a haze of green will envelope my world.  That’s happy!

No comments: