Saturday, June 07, 2014

Four Fast Years

In both the lower and middle levels at my school, the year ends with a closing ceremony.  The year is celebrated and we say goodbye to the 4th and 8th graders, who are welcomed to the next level of the school by the principal of the middle and upper school.  

The ceremonies are sweet and a cause to pause and remember how fleeting time can be.  It seems like yesterday that my mom surprised us with a visit and JT left the lower school and 4th grade.


Yesterday, he said goodbye to his middle school years.  I made pictures of him with some of the kids that he’s been friends with for more than 10 years.  These children have been a part of his world for as long as he can remember.   The difference that four years made in them is still hard for me to wrap my brain around.



When I first brought my baby boy home, a friend told me that the nights were long but that the days and years are short.  He heads to the 9th grade next year, a fact that confirms just how short the years have been.  


No comments: