Monday, September 08, 2014

First Day of School

I’m still working to get my mind around the fact that I have a 9th grader in my house.  He’s been to frosh orientation; he went to camp; he’s running cross country practice every day; he’s gotten his school supplies, books and iPad in order.  His locker is full and awaiting the creation of a mess.  There is no back-to-school chore left to complete.  So today he actually heads to class, ready for all that the day may bring.


As we piled into the car, I realized that this is the last big education tradition that I will drive him too.  The next time he starts a new level of school it will be at college and it might very well be far from home.  Of course, there is plenty of water to get under the bridge before then but, holy cow, where did the years go?


No comments: