Monday, September 01, 2014

September 1: Front Yard Flowerbed


After a mostly mild summer, the last week has brought some heat and humidity.  The pace of life has also picked up in the last few weeks.  Though I’ve found time for my daily walk in the garden, I’ve also gotten a bit behind on the routine maintenance chores that keep the garden neat and tidy.


In the meantime, the dahlia bulbs planted out front have been hard at work with buds and blooms a-plenty.  That means there are several more bouquets in my future.



The side yard has been a perfect place for the dahlias to grow, with enough sunlight and protection from the elements to keep the leafy plants upright and hard-at-bloom.  This is my second season of dahlia-growing success and I am excited to plant even more next year.  That's happy!



No comments: