Saturday, September 06, 2014

September Front Porch

My goal this year was to update my front porch each month and then make and post pictures of the update.  Some months I made this happen.  But other months I moved slowly, either from lack of time or a desire to leave the porch just the way it was.  Sometimes that was the case because I was enjoying the porch or because it was too cold to be sitting out on the porch.  I liked the way that the porch looked in July and so it spent August dressed in the same decor.  

As September begins, I’m not yet ready to give up on my summer plants and flowers, so I’ve made few changes for the month.  I am mostly holding on to the summer with a blue tablecloth and the addition of some wooden tulips in the plants.


My planter of pink impatiens has loved this summer location and cheerfully greets me each time I walk out on the porch.  I’m not ready to say goodbye to it (or the summer, really) so it stays just where it is.


Later this month, fall will arrive no matter how much I try to hold onto summer.  When we get some cool mornings and sweater weather to go with it, I’ll give up the fight and put out some fall decorations.   But not yet!




No comments: