Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Your Weekly Dogwood: September 24

When the sun begins to rise and morning light fills the sky, I see the dogwood tree from my pantry window.  In the last week, the leaves are turning red even quicker.  Just in time for the calendar’s switch to fall, the tree has fully embraced seasonal change.


I enjoy the change of season and typically I don’t mind the cold that winter brings.  But given last year’s long and cold winter, I am looking forward to the upcoming winter with a good bit of trepidation. When I remind myself that snow also means good cause for a cozy sweater or two, I feel better about things.  The fact that my snow blower is getting a seasonal tuneup also helps to improve my attitude.


In the meantime, the dogwood is prepared to celebrate fall in the only way its know how to do so.  That’s a beautiful sight to behold.





No comments: