Thursday, May 07, 2015

Your Weekly Spring Bulbs: Week 8


We have reached the point in Spring where I’ve come to believe that the warmth and mild days are here to stay.  Each morning, a haze of green tree pollen covers the surface of my car and the front porch and the trees have transitioned to tiny green leaves.


The tulip bulbs in my last flower bed have reached their peak and have brought along one last daffodil for the ride.


Last weekend, I completed my first mow of the grass and as I passed this flowerbed it was clear that this week would bring the final burst of tulips.  The hostas are also well on their way to full bloom. Everywhere I look, something new is growing.  That's one of the reasons I find Spring so pleasing.


I’ve planted my first tomato plants and this weekend rows and rows of zinnias will be planted.  I’ve located the sprinkler so that I can begin to water the garden.  All of this is my way of saying that the weekly Spring bulb postings are now complete.  It’s time for some new plants to enjoy their day in the sun.  

No comments: