Saturday, August 01, 2015

August 1: Peach Tree

I suppose that I could have waited until today to share the news of my big peach tree harvest but I was too excited about my first harvest to delay the news.  Now that the harvest is complete, my hard-working peach tree has earned the right to soak up the sun and relax.


The last week of July was very hot and we seem to have entered a patch of dry weather.  If the lack of rain continues, I’ll need to give the peach tree a big drink.  


As is nearly always the case come August, the summer is starting to droop along its edges.  Heat and limited rainstorms can do that.  Though the peach tree harvest is complete, there are plenty of other things yet to be harvested before the summer growing season is complete.  I plan to to enjoy every bit of the summer that remains even as I am grateful for what it’s given me thus far.

No comments: