Friday, August 28, 2015

Summer's End


Next week, the faculty return for meetings and the full-time busy activities of school get started.  During the days, there’s meetings and classrooms to be set up.  JT has cross country practice each afternoon.  In the evenings, there’s a bbq for new students and later in the week a supper for international students.  The week will culminate in a new student day.  Then we’ll pause for a three-day weekend and come Tuesday the 8th, it’s all-school, all-the-time.  When that happens, my relatively lazy workdays will transition to 7:30 am - 6 pm days, with work coming home in my bag for the evenings and the weekends.


So my summer is coming to end.  Sigh.


Each morning in the summer, I take my cup of coffee and a good book and I sit outside on the porch to enjoy the sunlight.  


In the last two days, the mornings have been cool.  Not cold, mind you, but a break in the heat that feels like seasonal change is on its way.  I’m not quite ready to say goodbye to flip flops worn to work, relaxed days, and lazy mornings and afternoons, so I’m soaking up all that I can.

No comments: