Friday, February 26, 2016

Real Life Conversations with JT: Bookish edition

The Backstory: Last weekend, the District wrestling tournament was held.  We’re a small school with about 350 students in the Upper School so our team is relatively tiny to begin with.  We regularly compete against schools with 1500 to 3,000 students in grades 9-12 in a state where wrestling is BIG, so the District tournament is a pretty fierce competition.  Unless one of our wrestlers advances, this event signals the end of the season and the close of 6 days a week of wrestling practice.  That happened last Friday night.

JT: For the first time since the end of November, I can sleep in on Saturday.

Me (secretly relieved that I can also sleep in):  Yes, you can.

JT:  I’m going to sleep in and then I’m going to lie in my bed and read.  I love to read in bed.

Me (smiling):  Me too, son.

Internet, if you’re keeping track, it would seem that I brought the right baby home from the hospital.

No comments: