Friday, March 04, 2016

Front Porch in March

Around midweek, the Friday weather icon began to show the prospect of snow.  We’re in the last few weeks of Winter, so that in itself is hardly a surprise.  The problem, from my point of view, was the fact that the forecast for the following week suggests days with sunlight and temperatures near 70.  Oh, the temptation of such a forecast.  Each time I checked it, I refreshed with a fervent hope that the warmth and sunlight icons would still be there.

This morning, with a dusting of snow on the ground, the sunlight is still a prospect for next week.  I’m holding on to that hope and I’ve got the front porch to prove it.  Easter comes early this year and so March saw me getting ready to welcome the Easter Bunny.


The table has the blue weave tablecloth and some shades of yellow and green have joined in to welcome the new season.


T gave me the cast iron bunny and we promptly named her Flopsy.  I tied a gingham bow around her neck and she’s looking quite ready for Spring.  The front door has a cheerful wreath, another gift from T.


Soon enough, there will be enough warmth in the day for me to sit outside and enjoy the season.  That’s happy!


No comments: