Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Exotic Fairy Lifestyle

I grew up in California and for most of my time in the state I lived in a region that was growing quickly..  That meant housing developments with new houses were everywhere.  My sister and I spent plenty of weekend hours with our parents visiting the model homes in these new neighborhoods.   We loved it, which likely explains my on-going fascination with episodes of House Hunters on HGTV.

KO and I always picked our favorite house in the developments and if there was a two-story house, that was my mine  California is a land of space (not to mention earthquakes) and so the vast majority of the homes I saw and knew were single story houses.  Two story houses seemed exotic to me.  I don’t know what I imagined families would do in these homes, but I expected it was somehow different.  Non-Californians understand that two story house are much more often the norm in the nation (though perhaps not in hell-hot Arizona), but to me they still seem exotic.  

In the Miss Read books that I love so much, she describes thatched-roof homes in the English countryside.  When I saw one for my fairies, I was delighted.  It’s called Briar Thatch Cottage and it’s the third in my neighborhood.


The neighborhood is really coming along.



No comments: