Sunday, May 08, 2016

Fairy Garden Developer

Last Spring I began to daydream about a fairy garden in my back yard.  I selected a location under Old Man Tree that had plenty of ivy and room for expansion and began my collection with a first house, which I named Flowerbox Cottage.  I added some outdoor furniture for the residents and my modest garden made me quite happy.   

For my birthday and Christmas, my family indulged my fantasy of a more elaborate fairy garden and now I’ve become a full-fledged fairy garden developer, with five cottages, two fairy doors, a chicken coop, outdoor furniture, a bridge, and all the makings of fairy satisfaction.  All Winter long, I thought about the fairy garden and I looked forward to Spring.  Last week, I began to set out the garden for the season.  The blue door stays out all year.


On Monday afternoon I added Flowerbox Cottage, the house that started it all.


To draw out my enjoyment, I planned to set out one cottage a day and then add the chicken coop and other accessories once all the cottages were set out.  I made pictures as each new item made its debut.  Organizing my the collection added a bright spot in the cold and dreary days that started the month of May around here.   In the week ahead, I’ll post pictures of my project as it unfolded.  


No comments: