Friday, May 13, 2016

Springing Bunny Mews

Like all real estate developers worth their millions, I gave my neighborhood a name.  


My backyard (and my garden) has proven a friendly home to neighborhood wildlife, especially tiny bunnies that live in the green hedges, hop about at dusk, and feed on the wild onions and, it must be said, my garden.  They charm me, even when they eat my produce.  The fairy neighborhood takes its name from those bunnies and the garden stake I found to match.

It’s pretty clear that I’ve lost my mind in the world of the fairy garden, by the way, right down to the fairy’s chicken coop and the fairy bicycle.  The fairies have an outdoor grill, of course, and they enjoy a bit of time in their gardens.





This summer, I will take some time each day to sit in a comfy chair under Old Man Tree in view of Springing Bunny Mews.  I’ll bring a book of course.  I’ll enjoy the peace and quiet of my mini imaginary world.


That’s happy!

1 comment:

Shelley said...

This is so awesome and inviting! If I come back as a fairy, I know just where to head...