Friday, February 09, 2018

Daffodil Days

The year JT was first born, weekly trips to the Hy Vee grocery store in Norfolk, Nebraska was our big outing.  We’d stop after seeing the pediatrician, which my newborn needed to do weekly for his first few months, thanks to a rough delivery and some slow weight gain.  Each check-up with the saintly and good-humored Dr. Kelly got us one step closer to 10 pounds, the magical goal for my slender little babine.  And then we’d stop by the Hy Vee, where there were more grocery choices (and better prices!) than the markets in our little town.  And there were inexpensive daffodil bouquets, which I often treated myself too.  This week, my local Wegmans had daffodil bouquets and T treated me to one.  When I see the flowers each morning, memories of those early parenting days in Nebraska come flooding back. 


That's happy!

No comments: