Sunday, November 03, 2019

November Front Porch




The front porch is always ready for the next season.  The Halloween decorations have been packed away and replaced by November’s thankful display.


Pumpkins, mums, and gourds remain the theme of the season, though I am well aware that soon enough the local wildlife will hop up here to treat the table’s bounty as their own personal buffet.



As a child, I thought of Thanksgiving as the boring prelude to the spell of joy that is December.  My father always preferred Thanksgiving and the older I get the more I appreciate a month that reminds us to be grateful for our blessings in this life.  This is the thankful season and being thankful means that I am glad to share with any hungry creatures.  I am always thankful for my home and there is no reason not to share our gratitude with others.


Happy November, y’all!



No comments: