Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Perpetually Behind


Lately, finding time to sit down and write has been rather a rare event.  It’s not as if I don’t have things to say.  I do.  I think it’s that the time I used to set aside to write and edit has been altered by my need to get schoolwork done in the mornings before I leave for school.

When I get home after the school day,  the day seem just as busy.  I try to get to the gym, look to start a load of laundry, or make supper, or some other chore that needs doing and before I know it, it’s 8 pm and I am tired and ready to put my feet up and rest on the sofa, tucked under a blanket with T by my side.  I vow to write the next day, but I don’t because the next day brings more of the busy that was the day before.  And so it goes and days turn into weeks and postings lag...

…and then here we are, with weeks between posts while the list of things I want to write about or need to finish writing stack up.  And then I am annoyed by myself (an emotion that never pays useful dividends) and more empty days on my blog pile up.  I write and post here for myself, a sort of public journal of my thoughts and emotions over the years.  I value readers and I am always happy to hear that someone has enjoyed something I’ve written.  But this blog started as a project for myself and that is what it remains.

When I don’t write, I feel like I am letting myself down.  I miss the time to process my thoughts.  And I need to find my way back to a few minutes of writing each day.  There is no more time to be found in the day but there is time that I can carve out.  I need to make it a priority as a way of looking after myself.  And so I plan to try just that.

No comments: