Thursday, November 28, 2019

Thankful


When I was a kid asking after everyone’s favorite holiday, my dad would choose Thanksgiving.  At the time, this seemed patently stupid to me; everyone knew that Christmas is the best holiday.  Yet there was my dad, suggesting that a family feast and time to be grateful for our blessings was the nicest day of the year.  For some time now, I’ve realized that my dad was on the right track as far as Thanksgiving is concerned.  I enjoy the tradition of day spent being thankful.

My Thanksgiving day started early so that the yeast rolls would have plenty of time to rise.  As the coffee brewed,  I stirred together pumpkin pecan bread for our breakfast.  As the bread baked, I sat with my coffee and laid out the day’s master plan.  We eat our supper in mid-afternoon and so I plan according, with a precise plan to bring the feast together.  It’s a process I greatly enjoy.


The day unfolds with ease, the kitchen smells amazing, and I feel incredibly grateful to have this happy home and a family to enjoy.  Our list of blessings is great and we know it. 


That’s happy!

No comments: