Tuesday, February 25, 2020

A Sandwich on Every Plate


I don’t spend all my free moments defining my political goals.  Sometimes I just seek to feed my family.  On Saturday night, already anticipating a busy week ahead, I set a pound of navy beans to soak overnight.  The next day, I made bean and bacon soup.  Together with an assortment of grilled sandwiches, this soup will get us through a busy week.  On Sunday, we had the soup with grilled pear, cheddar, and bacon sandwiches.



On Monday, I made a grilled ham, swiss, and red pepper sandwich and served it with the soup.


Later this week, there will be Camembert and apple sandwiches and then ham, apple, and cheddar.  Sometimes we’ll have soup with our sandwiches.  Sometimes we’ll have salad.  Always, we’ll have a delicious homemade meal without a whole lot of fuss during these busy days.  That’s happy!

No comments: