Thursday, February 27, 2020

The Sunshine Sweet Spot


The last few days have been cloudy and rainy with late-Winter gloom; the cold has returned.  Given the fact that it’s still February, a blast of arctic air, though unwelcome, seems like a reasonable development.  I am toughing it out.

For one thing, March and Sassafras Spring are on the horizon.  For another, we’ve reached the point of 12 hours of daily sunlight, which feels like victory over Winter.  The days are getting longer in increments that involve minutes on each side at both sunrise and sunset.  The extra light is especially welcome in the morning, when I begin to see the sunlight around 6:15.  When the sky is clear, I stand in the kitchen with my coffee to watch the sun pull itself over the horizon and I feel glad for the coming season.  Sunlight and Spring are the regular gifts of March and I am glad they are close at hand.


No comments: