Friday, February 10, 2023

Style Journal - Living Room Update

My living room furniture was already well-used when the pandemic struck.  The extra time at home hastened its demise.  T didn’t want to buy new furniture while we still had a cat in the home and there was some logic to that argument, though it left us with worn out and increasingly uncomfortable furniture.  When she left, so did the logic that kept me from nice furniture in my living room.  To me, a home needs to be comfortable and cozy and the furniture should help to create that vibe.  So it is that I have a new sofa, chair, and ottoman. 


The old sofa was chocolate brown, which was warm and cozy in the Winter but felt rather dark in the Summer.
  


The new furniture is in shades of blue - my favorite color - and I am incredibly pleased with how it fits in the room.
  Things are still cozy for the Winter and in the Summer I think that the room will feel more cool.





I will spend a whole lot of time reading in this comfortable corner of the room, surrounded by my books and the light from the windows. 



There are new pillow covers and window treatments to accompany the furniture.  My mom made the valences out of fabric from Rifle Paper, which I love.  There was enough left over for some extra pillow covers, and my handy seamstress ran those up for me. 



Lucy’s window corner got an updated rug that brings me a smile every time I pass by. 



This room is very much an expression of me and it makes me glad to be at home.  I am best pleased by it all. 


No comments: