Wednesday, February 08, 2023

Thoughts of Spring

Toward the end of January, a colleague mentioned that we were through the first month of Winter and I was caught up short and not a little appalled to consider that Spring was officially still two months away.   I take  a meteorological approach to the seasons and as soon as December arrives, I consider it Winter.  Since this first month of Winter is accompanied by twinkly lights and holiday celebrations, it’s lovely.

My approach has the convenient effect of making the long January, with its dark, grey skies and cold days, the second month of my Winter.  February is the third month of Winter and with only 28 days, that feels like a win.  Soon enough, March has arrived and I can declare Spring, so I do just that.  

The calendar and Mother Nature don’t always see it my way, of course, but that doesn’t get me down.  I want Spring and that is that.  I shall have it come the 1st of March, no matter the temperature outside.

No comments: