Sunday, February 26, 2023

Willing Spring Into Existence

Despite the mild Winter, I was ready for warmth when my California family needed me earlier this month.  It’s been years since I visited my hometown in February and it was lovely, with sunshine and temperatures in the 60s most days.  The skies were clear enough to see the snow-capped Sierra Nevada mountains to the east of town and they were unbelievably splendid. 

I’ve been back in New Jersey a week now and, as expected, it was a return to Winter temperatures.  There is snow in the forecast for Tuesday, the last day of February. But March is in sight and the taste of warmth earlier this month has me ready to declare Sassafras Spring sooner rather than later.  I can’t will the warm weather to begin, but I can pull on a pink sweater and power through the last days of Winter and I will do just that.  My pride will keep me warm.

No comments: