Sunday, July 23, 2006

Chivalry is Not Dead

On Saturday night, JT and I went out to supper with our friend W and his daughter, A. During the course of the meal, A lost one of the tiny princess toys that she had acquired just that day. Her papa looked for it, but determined Belle was stuck behind the booth. We told A that she was gone for good.

But the little gentleman would hear none of it and within seconds JT was under the table, sticking his hand under the booth to find the toy. "I can see it," he announced, "where is a flashlight?"

The discovery that neither W nor I had brought a flashlight did not deter our prince and with the able assistance of A, he used a fork and a straw and the fork again to rescue the tiny toy. He emerged from under the table flush with success and then I took this photo to mark the accomplishment.

My young man was quite the gentleman, saving A from Saturday night heartbreak. And as A's smiling dimple illustrates, my boy knows how to charm the ladies.

1 comment:

JAXTER said...

hooray for JT! It is good to know that at least the young-folk are thoughtful and kind - I wish they could talk to our fearless leaders in the government.