Monday, July 03, 2006

Hanging Out with JT's Fairy Godmothers




A and M invited us to their house for the afternoon. They grilled burgers and London Broil, boiled some corn, and A made her yummy cucumber and tomato salad. But the more important thing tonight was the good company. These women are funny and kind, often at the same time. They keep me sane. They make my boy laugh.

The 4th of July was always a family day for me and they made sure that it still is. JT played in the jacuzzi (so did Mama) and we all got to see his now-infamous 'pop goes the weasel' display (where he grabs his backside, shouts "pop goes the weasel" and then laughs like this is the funniest thing ever). I see this display 4 or 5 times a day and most of the time I still laugh.

We ended the night by watching the fireworks over Veteran's Park and when I was a bit crabby with the boy, A took over, keeping him amused and helping to remind me that I can do this single mom job and do it well.

Honestly, they've rescued us so many times in the last month that it seems fair to say that they have become our personal Fairy Godmothers.

No comments: