Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Tag, I'm It

I haven't participated in many of these exercises, but Gill, whose blog I learned about from Sunday Scribblings, tagged me for this meme, and I figured it would be fun to participate. So check out Gill's list over at http://gills-jottings.blogspot.com and here is mine:

1) What I was doing ten years ago:
Ten years ago was 1997. I was living in Nebraska in my first home and I had fallen in love. I was incredibly happy. That seems like it was a long, long time ago.

2.) Five years ago:
So now we're talking 2002, the year that I first moved to New Jersey. I was in my first year teaching prep school and living in my second house with my partner and our two year old. I was adjusting to the many, many differences of living in New Jersey.

3) One year ago:
Still in New Jersey, experiencing my first year as a single working mama ; living in my second house in New Jersey. And this week just one year ago, JT and I adopted our kittens Tiger and Lucy.

4.) Yesterday:
I taught my classes, helped JT with his second grade homework, worked out, made supper, tucked the boy into bed, washed a load of laundry, graded some papers, talked with a friend on the phone, read my book. Just another average day in my life.

5.) 5 snacks I enjoy:
popcorn (homemade on the stove --- no microwave nonsense); chips (guilty pleasure), chocolate; cheese, fruit

6.) 5 Things I would do if I suddenly had $100 million:
pay off mortgages for a whole bunch of people I love; endow a scholarship or two at my alma mater, UCLA; endow a scholarship at my school; give a big chunk to some micro-lending institutions; buy myself a snazzy red Volvo station wagon

7.) 5 locations I would like to run away to:
Charleston, SC; Nashville, TN; Yosemite, CA; San Francisco, CA; Disneyworld

8.) 5 bad habits I have:
doubting myself; fixating on things that have gone wrong; staying up too late to read my book; shopping on-line; not clearing out my mailbox at work

9.) 5 things I like doing:
laughing; staying up late to read my book; working out; reading and writing; cooking

10.) 5 TV shows I like:
Endurance (on Discovery Kids); House, Friday Night Lights, The Daily Show, Grey's Anatomy

11.) 5 things I hate doing:
taking out the trash and recycling; cleaning JT's playroom; dealing with the FI (this last times 3)

12.) 5 Biggest joys of the moment:
my son; books I'm reading; my 8th period class; my cats; fall weather

Finally, I tag:
- Shelley at http://butwait.blogspot.com
- Jaxter at http://jaxters-dogs.blogspot.com
- Chelle at http://snowshoediaries.blogspot.com
- Sister AE at http://havingwrit.blogspot.com
- Shark Butt at http://ecrandori.blogspot.com

6 comments:

Shelley said...

No fair... I'm chronologically impaired... not sure I CAN complete this meme!

Cool to read yours, though...

Gill said...

Glad you did the meme! I should have put staying up late reading in my list too.... I do it all the time and then regret it TERRIBLY the next morning!

Fifi said...

Hello I met you through Gill
I enjoyed reading up on you! You are one busy single mom!
I like you, and would love to get to know you better.
Fifi

JAXTER said...

I second the "no fair" =), but I'll stumble through somehow! Yours are probably way more interesting than mine will be - as soon as I remember what I have done over the span of the the past ten years...

Chelle said...

Mine's up.

Oddly I can remember 10 and 5 years ago, but last year - not so much.

Shark Butt said...

Mine's up. Homework completed!