Sunday, June 01, 2008

June 1st: Backyard Greenery


June 1 has arrived and brought my tree branches full of deep green leaves. There is a lush feel to my backyard this time of the year and old man tree is the quiet king of everything that surrounds him. He provides shade while I drink my morning cup of coffee, quietly oversees games of baseball in the yard behind him, and in the early evening when supper is grilled, he is there to frame the view from the back deck.

One of the joys of my home is the backyard and the tree makes it the perfect restful place that it is.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Dude - I'm pretty sure that ent has moved since last time I saw it. Is it on the way to kill Saruman?

Stacy said...

I think it looks as if the tree is winking.....maybe leering? One hopes not.

Shark Butt said...

Gazing adoringly?

Jim @ CoolStuffForDads.com said...

The tree face is a nice touch. I think his or her expression is fairly neutral.