Friday, June 27, 2008

Three Times the Fun

When my sister and I were growing up, visits with the boys, our cousins A and B, were like a trip to a foreign country. For two girls, those boys were a window into the exotic world of GI Joes, Green Machines and loud, loud noise. Years later, my sister and I are the mothers of boys. This past week, as we were together in New Jersey, KO and I got to enjoy some loud cousins again; this time my sister and I were on the parental side of the divide. And the only thing better than being a little girl playing with your boy cousins is being a big girl watching your own boy play with his cousins.
Our boys are growing up quickly and we live a continent apart. A week where we are together is a precious commodity. The cousins headed back to the left coast this morning and my house has only one thundering boy on the stairs, less crumbs under the table, and it's missing the sound of my sister's laugh.

I miss them already.

No comments: