Thursday, December 04, 2008

Last Supper

My raving about the many virtues of chilaquiles led to a discussion with my bother-in-law Uncle M, who is married to the Sassafras Sister. The topic? What would you eat for your last meal on earth?

Uncle M had an immediate response to the question: A can of Spaghetti-O's, heated and with a hot dog sliced in. He'll have the O's with a grilled cheese sandwich made with sourdough bread. He intends to dip the sandwich into the O's.

To each his own, I think, though props to Uncle M for the sourdough grilled cheese, as that's also a house favorite around here.

As for me, I'm eating chilaquiles before I go to the great beyond. I will enjoy them with a Coke. JT has weighed in with a request for his Mama's guacamole tacos (good answer son, especially diplomatic with the Santa-season drawing near).

What's on your table for your last meal on earth?

4 comments:

Nichole said...

Ice Cream- the peanut butter fudge kind from baskin robbins or the germanchocolatecake from Coldstone. And french fries - lots of them.

Jason Brozek said...

The president, unless I'm pardoned immediately.

Do I win this game?

lumbab said...

It's either a carne asada burrito from Roberto's in Del Mar, CA or spaghetti al dente with homemade sauce!

Did "jason" just suggest he would eat the prez?!

sister AE said...

Well, I actually do love lobster and I am fond of the occasional rich steak. But when I started thinking about this, I decided that the idea of a "taste of home" was winning out.

If you ask me today (and since I'm replying today, this is what you get) I would say:

chicken-fried steak
milk gravy
biscuits w/ honey-butter
mashed potatoes (real ones)

and I would skip a vegetable in favor of some kind of ultra chocolate dessert. With whipped cream.