Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Merry

My mother is incredibly handy with the sewing machine. When I was a little girl, I wanted fancy dresses (preferably with lacy petticoats) to come off that machine. These days, my sewing requests are less complicated, but no less satisfying. She's made curtains for the windows in my house and a number of pillow covers, she's met all of JT's costume needs (and in his case, that's saying something) and lately she's been in the business of making holiday banners to hang in my living room.

It's a circumstance of ask and you shall receive the perfect item. And that's how I ended up with this festive Christmas banner that I hung in the doorway between the living and dining room. Between the bright bunting and the advent calendar (more on that tomorrow), I'm feeling like we're well on my way to some festive holiday decor in Sassafras House.

Memo to Santa: One of us has been very, very good.

1 comment:

Shark Butt said...

Incredibly handy, indeed. very nicely done!