Friday, December 05, 2008

Real Life Conversations with JT: Bad Parenting Edition

The backstory: A few weeks ago, JT and I were driving and another driver cut me off. Seconds later, I blew by the cut-off artist and offered him a non-verbal demonstration of my sentiments. JT apparently took note, as I learned one morning this week.

Mama (speaking to the slow driver in front of me): Move it, lady, that light isn't going to get any greener.

Seconds later, the driver turned right. I followed and now we were side by side, waiting for the next light to turn green so we could head off our separate ways. We were now side-by-side with the slow driver.

JT: Mama, should I show my finger to that lady?

And I look in the rear-view mirror, to find JT carefully arranging his fingers for a little sign-language presentation of his own. I hastened to put a damper on his symbolic speech efforts.

Classy. My son and I are obviously classy.

2 comments:

Nichole said...

That's what you call bad parenting?? Flipping the bird is a life skill, especially while driving.

Shark Butt said...

I concur, definitely an essential life skill especially in Jersey. One of my own proudest moments was teaching my mom to flip the bird.