Thursday, December 18, 2008

A Question for the Universe

Why is it then when I get in bed each night Lucy the cat decides that she must join me? And by join me, I mean climb on my chest. So there I am, snuggling under the covers, reading the book du jour, and here comes Lucy.

She fusses and meows at me and then steps (none-too-delicately) all over my sternum, sometimes sticking her bootie right in my face. This is neither comfortable nor pleasing. And when I gently push Lucy over, she is irate, returning for another stomp on my sternum.

Memo to Lucy: I do not find this to be a comforting routine. Please stop.

2 comments:

Shark Butt said...

This is Lucy's way of saying, minion, pet me now!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nichole said...

OMG! My cat does the same thing to me. He's still a kitten, and I hate to use these terms, but my kitten is a douche.