Friday, September 11, 2009

Appetite for Destruction

On a regular basis, JT offers to destroy things for me.  Leftover food?  He'd like to throw it to the street.  Old clothing?  He'll happily shred it up for me.  He doesn't actually confine his destructive desires to old items; he'd willingly destroy anything I'd let him take on.

And there's the rub.  I rarely permit tiny acts of destruction, let alone wholescale carnage.

But I have a pair of sandals that have simply worn out.  I wore them to school this week and discovered just how worn they were.....worn beyond repair because of a split in the sole.  They had to be thrown out.  So I handed the offending items over to JT.  Finally, some destruction that he could really sink his teeth into.

His first act was to make a secret compartment in my heel.  Handy for all of my spy needs, he explained.

Warning: now that my sandals have been re-purposed, the CIA can look for my application in the mail.  I'm totally pre-qualified.

1 comment:

Paula said...

OMG...look at that face...that's a scary face...if i have anything that needs to meet it's timely end i will keep him in mind