Saturday, September 12, 2009

Soccer Mama: Report #1

Today brought the start of soccer season. Just after 8 am we headed over to the field for the first game of the year.  Nearly every kid in central Jersey must be playing in our league as there were at least 10 fields ready for play.  Everywhere you looked there were kids in soccer jerseys and shin guards.

Though I can be bright-eyed and bushy-tailed by 8 am on the weekdays, on a Saturday that hour felt painfully early to be firing on all my cognitive cylinders.  So I carried along a large mug of coffee to serve as a motivator.

And thus it was that I found myself incredibly grateful to use the facilities on the left, which offered far more comfort and privacy then the facilities on the right.  In this manner, I have preserved the small amount of dignity that remains in my life.

Game update and more photos tomorrow.

No comments: