Friday, April 30, 2010

Food Friday: Grilled Zucchini

I love summer squash.  Once the green season arrives, I'd eat zucchini nearly every day (a good thing, since it grows at that pace).  My plants have yet to bear fruit, but I scored a zucchini in the market last weekend and this week I cooked it on my indoor grill pan.

The recipe is easy-peasy.  Cut the squash into half and then into quarters.  Then rub on a little olive oil and salt and pepper.  In a grill pan heated at medium heat (mine is cast iron and takes about 10 minutes to get up to speed), sear one side of the spears for three minutes.  Then flip and sear the other side for three minutes.  Finally, cook the third side for........three minutes.
Easy. Tasty. Attractive.  Desirable for zucchini and all of your dining companions.

1 comment:

Geothermal Heat Pumps said...

Yummy ! Use the new energy saving Heat Pumps !