Saturday, May 22, 2010

Weekend Update, part I

This week, my bathroom renovation reached the point where things needed time to dry and set.  So each day featured just a little bit of progress.  As of this weekend, I'm at the paint stage of the project.  I am doing the trim, wall, and ceiling paint myself in order to save some money.  It's not a huge job, but it does require that I plan out my attack.  The trim ---- both the chair rail, the molding, the door and its frame ---- will be painted first.  In the case of the door and the door trim, that will require some sanding and a tackcloth. The door trim took a beating in the renovation (and hadn't been perfect to begin with).
Update: the first coat of trim paint has been applied and things look good. The contrast isn't easy to see (the hazards of an all-white bathroom), but I'm happy.  Tomorrow's paint will be the color and once that's up, I'll have a better feel for the changes.

No comments: