Thursday, December 30, 2010

A Fool and Her Sled

Once snow falls around here, JT begins plotting a trip to go sledding.  We don't have any hills in our yard or even in our neighborhood and for the last few years, we've just tossed the sleds in the car and headed over to school, where there are some nice hills for our sledding pleasure.
JT, bundled up in his snowpants, parka, and boots, is toasty warm and ready to sled for hours.  I don't get cold but quickly come to fear for the health of my limbs.  Also, at least half of my trips down hill find me and the sled at different end points.  As the saying goes….a fool and her sled are soon parted.
So after a few thrilling rides, I am the official photographer and cheerleader. That means ample opportunities to watch as JT and his sled part ways.
And there's always plenty of laughter, of course, which is why this tradition is so happy.

1 comment:

Nichole said...

Looks like a fabulous time! Oh my goodness to be a kid again.