Friday, December 17, 2010

Real Life Conversations with JT: Literal Thinker edition

The backstory: On Wednesday evening I found myself wandering the Rutgers University campus in search of the parking for Voorhees Chapel, where JT's school choir was scheduled to sing.  It had been one hell of a day and so getting to the place (we could see the chapel) and not being able to find a parking lot where I could park without risk of being towed seemed like a fitting end to the madness.  There were plenty of other families from the school also engaged in the same task and we were all trying to sort things out.  Finally, I saw what I thought was a familiar face, a parent in the school who has older children and had likely been to the concert before (and thus knew where legal parking was available).

Me:  I think that was G's dad, right?

JT:  I don't know but that was G's brother.

Me:  What, and you think that her brother is just driving around with a stranger on a Wednesday night?

JT:  I'm just telling you what I know.

You'll be relieved to know that later investigations revealed that the car was being driven by G's dad, also known as the father of G's brother. 

No comments: