Friday, May 20, 2011

Food Friday: Tortellini Soup and Primavera Risotto

It's been a while since I posted a Food Friday entry but I cooked a lot this week and it seems like a good time to post a couple of spring recipes.  First up is Tortellini Soup, with the steam wafting off the bowl and a side of warm bread and brie.
I found the recipe for the soup over at Tasty Kitchen.  I made the soup with vegetable broth and fresh cheese tortellini. 

Next up is a familiar favorite in my kitchen: risotto.
I adapted the Pioneer Woman recipe to my own needs, using crisp zucchini and carrots as my veggies and adding oregano and basil to the vegetable mixture.  I used vegetable broth for the rice; the chevre makes for great flavor and is a nice way to change-up a familiar favorite.

Happy cooking!

No comments: