Friday, January 06, 2012

Tangerine Tango

Seductive.  Sophisticated.  Dramatic.  I'm not speaking of myself (though your confusion is natural, Internet, don't feel bad).  No, I'm speaking of the 2012 Pantone color of the year. 

To the rest of us, this color could be best described as bright orange but Pantone doesn't make its money by providing honest descriptions.  These people have something to sell, after all.  So Tangerine Tango it is.

Last year's color, Honeysuckle, was supposed to inspire us to get back to work.  Tangerine Tango will continue to crack the whip.  Pantone reports that it will "provide the energy boost we need to recharge and move forward."  I think that it might also be one of those post-workout shakes my gym is forever trying to sell.   In a more disturbing part of the press release, one sure to attract the suspicions of the GOP presidential contenders, I've learned that ,"...Tangerine Tango marries the vivaciousness and adrenaline rush of red with the friendliness and warmth of yellow, to form a high-visibility, magnetic hue that emanates heat and energy.”  I'm pretty confident that's not legal in all 50 states, Pantone. 

No comments: