Sunday, April 01, 2012

April 1: Front Yard Flowerbed

This past week felt more like the usual spring weather in our neck of the woods, with cooler temperatures than the days we experienced earlier in the month.  We even enjoyed a few evenings of light spring rain and on Thursday there was a brief thunderstorm.  All over town, things are greening up.  My front yard flowerbed faces north, so it blooms a bit later in the season.  But everywhere I look, I see progress.  The yellow jonquils have bloomed.
The tulips are just a few steps behind.
The azalea bushes are coming along nicely.
The rose of Sharon tree is starting to green up.
The hostas are a lovely shade of green and are getting ready to unfurl.
This flowerbed is the first thing I see when I get home in the afternoon and each day I take a minute to check out the changes.  It's a welcome reminder to stop and enjoy the season.

No comments: